- 27 May 2013 · Maybe someday Carson Daly will say, “And let’s give a hand to Paul Mirkovich, AND Rafael Moreira, Sasha Krivtsov, Nate Morton,…” #TheVoice
- 27 May 2013 · Amber Carrington was great, but will her fans like the song choice? Does Adam know what he’s doing? It’s a toughie! #TheVoice
- 27 May 2013 · …but my pick for the win is still my early favorite, Danielle Bradbery! Shakia is right – star quality! #TheVoice
- 27 May 2013 · Michelle Chamuel – my favorite of the night so far! Beautiful! #TheVoice
- 27 May 2013 · I wish I could like Sarah Simmons – technically, she has a great voice – but something about her performances always feels false? I just …
- 27 May 2013 · Perfect song choice for Sasha Allen! She was perfect! Every little note… #TheVoice
- 27 May 2013 · Adam’s critique of the Swon Brothers was exactly what I was thinking – down to the comment on the fire! #TheVoice
- 27 May 2013 · Holly Tucker brought out Sasha and Rafa to play! Smart girl… #VoiceBand And she sounded great! #TheVoice
- 27 May 2013 · I can so see Judith Hill winning the whole show after that performance. She’s a total pro! But will I buy the record? Just not my thing…
- 27 May 2013 · Baby kittens playing in the backyard! And nothing could make me happier! They belong to a neighbor, so I just get to enjoy the cuteness.
- 18 May 2013 · One of my favorites, @lukasrossi has a new band – and is about to release a new EP! http://espguitars.com/news/thehalomethod.html …
- 18 May 2013 · In this strange new world we’re living in, how personal do I want to get? How open do I want to be? http://cherylspelts.com/?p=4400
- 16 May 2013 · My nephew is coming to California! So excited and can’t wait to see him! Best news I’ve gotten all week…
- 16 May 2013 · Never been a fan of country music, but I started watching Nashville – and I love it! Especially Clare Bowen’s voice! http://youtube.com/watch?v=eLI31IQeB04 …
- 15 May 2013 · Around the block with an iPhone – http://cherylspelts.com/?p=4381
- 14 May 2013 · On my way to Orange County to visit another law school. I LOVE that I have options!
- 13 May 2013 · Just hit 100 degrees! Bring it on!
- 12 May 2013 · The #SurvivorFinale could not have been any more predictable – but bringing back Rob, Rudy, and Hatch was fun!
- 12 May 2013 · If Cochran eliminates Dawn, then he may lose the vote to Eddie, the guy who stuck around despite the odds. How does that make sense? #Su …
- 12 May 2013 · Eddie versus Cochran seems like the most scenario for the win. With Malcom as fan favorite! Right?
- 12 May 2013 · Why all the corcern about Dawn? Seriously, who would vote for her? #Survivor Finale
- 12 May 2013 · My cat who is barely out of kittenhood is HAPPY I’m home. She keeps trying to hold me down and give me a scratchy tongue bath!
- 12 May 2013 · Home sweet home! Enchiladas in the oven. Bottle of wine is open. Ready for Survivor to start! Always happy to be home, after a weekend a …
- 12 May 2013 · Saw Angelyne’s pink corvette in our hotel parking lot this morning! First time in years I’ve spotted that car! Billboard queen and self …
- 12 May 2013 · LOVING your past and looking forward to the future is the best!
- 12 May 2013 · If rattling off your accomplishments, – in your head, not out loud – doesn’t make you smile like mad, it’s time to renovate your life!
- 11 May 2013 · Fire alarm going off… Glad I’m up and dressed, unlike some of my sleepy relatives!
- 11 May 201 · If only I could dance better… If only I could speak French fluently… Then I’d be even happier.
- 11 May 2013 · My stunningly beautiful cousin Ashley is getting married today! And her husband-to-be is a lawyer – so I like him already!
- 10 May 2013 · On the way to Malibu!
- 8 May 2013 · I started using Adobe PhotoShop and Illustrator in 1992 – over 20 years! I usually embrace change, but this change is not making me happy…
- 7 May 2013 · Current USA building codes require homes four times the size of the international average. Viva la Tiny Revolution! http://fourlightshouses.com/blogs/news/7823049-house-party-fail-part-1 …
- 6 May 2013 · Hey all! It’s ‘bare’ your soul, not ‘bear’ – as in naked and vulnerable. Bearing your soul would mean carrying it… #ChangesTheWholeMeaning
- 4 May 2013 · 2% of my followers are fake. How many fake followers do you have..? http://sttsp.pl/10h4e @StatusPeople#FollowerSpam
- 4 May 2013 · The Fake Belieber Epidemic: Why Justin doesn’t Have as Many Twitter Followers as You Think! http://omg.yahoo.com/blogs/celeb-news/fake-belieber-epidemic-justin-gaga-rihanna-don-t-132425987.html … via @yahooomg
- 3 May 2013 · 92 degrees today! Definitely feels like summer… And I love summer, but I was really hoping for a couple more months of spring.
- 2 May 2013 · Definitely worth clicking! A Week’s Worth of Groceries from Around the World http://fb-troublemakers.com/a-weeks-worth-of-groceries-from-around-the-world-12611/
I’ve been putting off this post for awhile. I just wasn’t sure how to write it…
In this strange new world we’re living in, how personal do I want to get? How open do I want to be? A little over a year ago I made a post about my first surgery – but since then a year has passed, and I’ve had the second (and last) major surgery – and while I’m still recovering, most of the worst is in the rear view mirror! So I felt like I should update my blog. I should write about it. But I wasn’t sure how? The words just didn’t seem to come, so I put it off…
Then a couple of days ago as I posted a less-than-attractive photo of myself on Facebook, I felt like I should explain why I would post a picture like that – and suddenly the words came! They just sort of tumbled out, and I didn’t edit, or rethink – I just hit Post!
My thinking at the time was that three or four people might read it, and it would make my Mom cry, and that would be the end of that! And within seconds of posting it, my Mom happened to be online and commented that it made her cry. How well do I know my Mom? But then other people started to Like it and comment – and three days later 107 people have Liked it, and 54 people have left a comment. If you’ve ever felt vulnerable and wondered if you were being a little too open, to get an outpouring of love like that? It was overwhelming and very very very cool!
So I’m reposting that Facebook photo and post here – it may not be a perfect post, but it does the job!
I don’t normally post unattractive photos of myself on Facebook – and thankfully I have kind friends, who refrain as well! But I’m making an exception just this once…My Mom and I were at Zuma Beach – pre-wedding celebration thing, that we just barely missed, but hey we tried! And so she shot a few frames of me and then I shot a few frames of her – and none of them turned out – except for this one throwaway shot, that she accidentally clicked, while trying to figure out how to use my iPhone camera.
So why am I posting it? Because I’ve lost at least 75% of my hair since I got sick, and I’m still recovering from surgery, and I have never felt less attractive in my life. But this photo? My hair is flying like mad, and who cares if there’s less of it. And I have my face turned up to the sun that I love so much. And the sky is a bright blue – and I’m alive!
I am alive. This thing did not kill me. It didn’t even permanently impact my life. I am getting stronger all the time, and I’ll be back hotter than ever soon. I know that. I get to appreciate the sun and the wind and the stars and the sand and everything beautiful in the world – and in life.
I am just about as grateful, as it’s possible to be – and I think you can see that in this photo. THAT’s why I’m posting it!
Sometimes looking pretty isn’t nearly as important as looking alive and healthy and passionate. — at Zuma Beach.
So how open do I want to be? Turns out, pretty darn open!
I had some extra time today in Old Towne, the Historic District in Orange, California. So I had a little fun, as I walked around the block…