- 29 Sep 2012 · Song of the Day… ‘Classic Girl’ by Deidre & the Dark http://rockbandlounge.com/?p=2253 #rockbandlounge.com
- 8 Sep 2012 · So if you’re trying to find homes for kittens – like I am – be careful! Charge a small fee, and carefully vet possible homes…
- 8 Sep 2012 · Today at the shelter a woman told me they’ve had reports of people finding kittens on Craigslist, and then using them for target practice.
- 8 Sep 2012 · My Mom and the baby kittens – they’re now three-weeks-old and have tripled in size… http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151131529119454 …
- 3 Sep 2012 · Ugh… just looked at the bottom of a relative’s parmesan & it expired in 1997! How could it sit in the fridge that long and not be noticed?
Somebody wants out of the box!
And big sister, who is a little over three months old, is always a willing accomplice…
Oh no! Getting out of the box means another bath! They hate baths… Scratchy tongue is no fun.
The little girl is making a run for it Good thing she learned to walk yesterday!
Cuddling up with big sister after the bath isn’t so bad though!
A stray cat in the neighborhood has given birth to two litters this summer, and she was still nursing the older kittens, when these were born, so three of the five in the new litter died the very first day. Luckily a very kind neighbor was willing to scale a barrier and go into a black widow infested shed to save the last two – and I’ve been feeding them ever since. They’re 16-days-old old now, and have tripled in size – thanks to a steady diet of Kitten Milk Replacement every three hours. On the two days a week I go to Los Angeles, my Mom takes over the feeding.
Their big sister is from the Momma Cat’s first litter this summer, and she is the sweetest thing – and she’s ready to find a forever home. I coaxed her indoors the day after we saved the baby kittens, and she’s completely adjusted to being an indoor cat. She sleeps on my chest, purrs constantly, and is as loving as can be. She also bathes the baby kittens and helps them to pee and poop – which I’m forever grateful for! But I can do chore myself, and it’s time for her to find an owner that will love her and care for her forever – and who is willing to keep her indoors and safe. If you know anyone, please contact me!