- 31 Oct 2011 · THAT is the way to do an obituary! Absolutely perfect! RT @abesauer Minnesota woman has great obituary. http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/twincities/obituary.aspx?n=ruth-calton&pid=154313175 …
- 30 Oct 2011 · In downtown Redlands tonight! #IfIWasAKid it’s where I would #TrickorTreat Amazing Victorian mansions totally decked out for the holiday!
- 30 Oct 2011 · Love bossy! Especially about music! RT @norskanne @cherylspelts @ElisaSherman Go listen to @JDFORTUNEMAYHEM‘s new demo at jdfortune448.com
- 28 Oct 2011 · Thank you! RT @NBCTheVoice Each coach made it clear that they would NOT sign on if the show was going to bring out weak singers to humiliate
- 27 Oct 2011 · Designing 3 accessories in the very first challenge? #projectaccessory is tough! But some of the results were beautiful!
- 27 Oct 2011 · VERY satisfying end to #projectrunway! Anya’s first dress was amazing! And her whole collection was beautiful. Definitely deserved the win!
- 27 Oct 2011 · I love Redlands…. Such a cool town! RT @JustDalisa Just posted a photo @ Redlands Market Night instagr.am/p/RtDVK/
- 21 Oct 2011 · I think @HuellHowser has the best job ever. Exploring all of California and finding all the hidden “gold”? Who wouldn’t love that?
- 21 Oct 2011 · Just heard fireworks, and ran outside to see the sky light up, across the valley. Lots of people cheering too! Fun on a slow Friday night!
- 17 Oct 2011 · Just figured out how to relight the pilot on my fancy new water heater. Harder than it sounds, so I’m very happy to have hot water!
- 13 Oct 2011 · Richard Simmons is on Entertainment Tonight wearing pantyhose… Maybe time to retire the shorts and put on some pants?
- 13 Oct 2011 · Wish @Bravotv‘s Watch What Happens Live was on every night! @BravoAndy is great and the show is frothy fun! More nights would be good!
- 12 Oct 2011 · The AK Smiley Library in Redlands is the most magical library EVER. I could be content to spend eternity here. It’s just so beautiful!
- 12 Oct 2011 · Just saw a Boycott Jane Fonda bumper sticker. Seriouly? Holding a grudge against a celebrity for 40 years is nuts!
- 5 Oct 2011 · The loss of Steve Jobs has left me so sad. Such an incredible talent! I don’t even want to think about a world without him in it…
- 3 Oct 2011 · Jerry Brown signed legislation repealing the law that made Amazon terminate their California Associates. So we’re back! http://lat.ms/oWbjfo
- 1 Oct 2011 · Three Garbage albums, set to random play… I’d forgotten how much I love this band! Especially “#1 Crush” from Romeo + Juliet!
The A.K. Smiley Public Library in Redlands, California is one of my favorite places on this earth – and by far my favorite library! Built in 1898, back when Redlands was known as the City of Millionaires, the architectural style is Moorish, which was surprisingly popular in the Victorian period. We may think of the standard Queen Anne when we think Victorian architecture, but the Victorians themselves were fascinated by the exotic. The wealthy traveled to Europe and the Far East, and they brought back not just rugs, and vases, and other furnishings, but also ideas about architecture. The A.K. Smiley Public Library, in my opinion, is the perfect architectural example of Victorian Moorish architecture in America. It’s fantastic!
And it’s not just a beautiful building – it’s also a great library. If you’re looking for a place to read a book in a garden – you can do that here. If you want to do research on local history – you can do that here. And if you just want a good old-fashioned library with books and computers and helpful librarians – that’s here too!